Monday, April 15, 2013

Jericho

We know communication to be the gateway in any relationship.
It can heal, restore and rejuvenate
However, the problem with communication between people is not knowing how to be vulnerable with each other
Communication on the surface is not true intimacy because one never steps outside of themselves

Its a game of tug-of-war.
Do I pull towards myself to hold on to the safety net called walls
Do I allow you to pull me towards the freedom I don't realize I need

Because of past relationships there are these walls we put up to protect ourselves against those asking us to take a chance
Vulnerability has been seen as a sign of weakness in many when in actuality is can be the greatest freedom
Even if one is hurt in the process, there will always be other opportunities to grow, develop, and mature
It is with great hope each person realizes the revelation behind vulnerability and choose to experience it together.

So, can I trust you with my emotions?
I'm willing to find out, not for you but...for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment