Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Open Book



When I was little I used to ask God to make my emotions like a light switch
That way I could easily turn my emotions off and on at my own discretion
I knew God to be real but I felt like I needed additional protection

Survival became my truest intimacy
Never had to seek vengeance because no one ever got that close to me
One could say I mastered consistency

I often wondered why people cry over certain things
After all,didn't someone once say "nothing is as bad as it seems"
Those old cliches really know how to sell dreams

I was once so afraid of happiness It became easier to just accepts sadness
Then I finally realized it wasn't my DNA that made me who I was but rather I was a product of all the things I had confessed.

 Consequently, the end of a story is only appreciated after one has truly understood its beginning
I am still in the middle of my story so like you I am reading in search of an satisfying ending






No comments:

Post a Comment