Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The LIST

I wrote down all the things I wanted in a mate
I put the list under my mattress and began to wait
That list became my guide whenever I went out on dates
Check, Check, Check I would instantly compare and contrast
Making sure there were no questions I would forget to ask
I knew what I wanted for the future because of things that didn't quite work out in the past
I was so careful to follow the list because in my mind the list kept me on track
Some people would tell me to relax my standards or simply forget about the list because the only person qualified to meet every detail was Jesus
Taking all of this into consideration I did not throw the list away but I made a decision to have fun and trust
That God loves me enough to send me someone after his own heart
While the list is a start
I learned not to allow it to solely become the art of dating
Dating is fun
Without the pressure of classifying everyone as "the one"
Because you build something that stands at the focal point of any healthy relationship:
Friendship--an often overlooked bond.



(This poem was written based off my upcoming book....Soon to be published. Look out world!!!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment