Saturday, March 2, 2013

When I grow up



Many people say when you grow up you can be anything you desire to be
However, I find that it is not that easy
What if a person is unsure of what they want to be?
To whom do they look to: mommy, daddy, or society?
But that cannot be it
What if there is no one to mimic

Even if mommy’s a lawyer and daddy’s a doctor maybe that is not the path they desire to take
However, at least in this case one has someone to imitate

I have discovered that you can go to school all of your life and still not become the person you studied
Is that not a waste of time, money, and energy?
What if you are a first-generation college student representing the family
Naturally in this case there is more at stake
Because everyone starts to dictate who and what they think you should be
And since life is all about making the right decisions, one does not want to make the wrong one and end up misplaced on the family tree.
Therefore, when I grow up I desire to be…me!

No comments:

Post a Comment